Structures of the METF
• Trustee and Chairman of the Board. Ms Vanessa Naicker - tele (011) 638 3120,
e-mail - email@example.com
• Trustee and Vice -Chair of the Board. Ms Andre Botma – tele (011) 751 4026,
e-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
• Chairman of the Metallurgy Sub-committee. Mr Brent Combrink tele +27 82 343 8138,
e-mail – email@example.com
• Chairman of the Mining Sub-committee. Mr Denis McDougall – tele (011) 751 4012.
e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
• Chair of the Geology Sub-Committee. Mr John Ndwamise – tele 011 047 7000,
email – email@example.com
Has the METF taken over the function of the Minerals Council South Africa?
The Trust Fund grew out of the Chamber of Mines Education Fund but is now a completely separate Fund no longer allied to the Minerals Council South Africa (formerly the Chamber of Mines). The METF was constituted by a Trust Deed. A sub-committee represents each of the three disciplines and each participating company is entitled to sub-committee representation. The board provides the policy framework and direction, while the sub-committees implement policies for each of the respective disciplines. Board Members are appointed from amongst the participating companies.
© 2021 METF