Structures of the METF
• Trustee and Chairman of the Board. Dr Pierre Olivier - tele (011) 231-6172.
e-mail - email@example.com
• Trustee and Vice -Chair of the Board. Mr Clive Mitchell – tele (011) 373 6235.
e-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
• Chairman of the Metallurgy Sub-committee. Mr Jacob Nxele tele (011) 638 5407.
e-mail – email@example.com
• Chairman of the Mining Sub-committee. Mr Denis McDougall – tele (011) 751 4012.
e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
• Chair of the Geology Sub-Committee. Mr Anre Vorster – telephone number 011 374 7866
email – email@example.com
Has the METF taken over the function of the Minerals Council South Africa?
The Trust Fund grew out of the Chamber of Mines Education Fund but is now a completely separate Fund no longer allied to the Minerals Council South Africa (formerly the Chamber of Mines). The METF was constituted by a Trust Deed. A sub-committee represents each of the three disciplines and each participating company is entitled to sub-committee representation. The board provides the policy framework and direction, while the sub-committees implement policies for each of the respective disciplines. Board Members are appointed from amongst the participating companies.